Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Staying Strong

I cannot believe the measures my current company was willing to go to in an attempt to keep me. In the past week, I underwent negotiations between current and future employers. In an attempt to keep everyone happy, I gave 6 weeks notice to my current employer and plan to finalize all projects I am currently working and coordinate our upcoming activities. They desperately wanted me to stay a week longer, but through talking with Mr.A, I realized that there has to be a point where I am willing to switch allegiances. I decided a cut is a cleaner wound than a tear, and put my foot down.
When I gave my official notice to my employer, they offered me a bonus equivalent to nearly 15% of my current salary to stay until April. I declined. They then offered to also increase my salary by 30% (!!!!!).  Again, I declined. You may think I am crazy. I might be, however, to me, my life is priceless and this new job will enable me to have it back.  
::Cheers:: to moving forward with my career and life without sacrificing my family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure its a great feeling that your current company wants you to stay so bad - it shows how much they value you. But you're right - you're during the right thing for you and your family. Cheers for staying strong. Life most definitely is not all about the money.

    ReplyDelete