Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bad Blogger – can I make it up to you?

Wow, I’ve been a very bad blogger this last month. I am sorry for the lack of updates.

It was such a relief leaving 2011 behind, but the end was very busy. I (of course) was traveling for work, wrapping up my projects and delegating tasks, preparing for my New Year’s visitors and anxiously awaiting the beginning of my new career.

2012 began:  My closest family was here, I bid adieu to my traveling career and began my new career with the promise of change and challenge. I’ve just completed my third week at the new company. Thus far, I love it. The company is focused on positive change within their company, their employees and the world. They have an entire department focused solely on charitable giving and they match employees’ donations to charity (to a specified amount per employee). They have counselors within HR that help you determine your career path, and help you to achieve your goals.

Although there are a few things that may need to change to make the company leaner, they seem to do a pretty phenomenal job right now on most everything else.

In addition to my professional life, my personal life has had some pretty significant changes. Cycle 28 was a bust; no surprise there. I was out of town during the key points of the cycle, and didn’t expect a miracle or immaculate conception.  However, after that, we decided to move forward with treatment; something we’ve put off time and time again.

We met with the RE on the second day of my cycle, went over test results, her concerns, opinions, and then set a path forward. The results were all great. All of my tests, aside from the MTHFR, came back negative, and Mr.As swimmers are of excellent quantity and quality. She said that since we have been able to conceive naturally twice in two years, she isn’t overly concerned with getting me pregnant, just keeping me pregnant. She has a suspicion that my losses are related to my blood clotting when the baby attached to my blood supply, cutting off its life source. 
After our discussions, we decided on a path forward and are moving forward with treatement.

2 comments:

  1. Amberley,

    Does your RE have you on any special prenatals for your MTHFR or extra folate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delayed response Holly. I currently take 3,200mcg of folic acid in addition to the Target brand PNV. The last time they checked my homocysteine levels, they were within normal range at 3.9 so at this point she does not believe I need any additional supplements.

    ReplyDelete