Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One down, two to go

Trimesters that is.
I went in for my 14w appointment yesterday and met a new doctor in the practice. She congratulated me on “making it to the big leagues” and beginning the second trimester. She really doesn’t have any idea what an amazing accomplishment this milestone is for me.
We did my second blood glucose test, since they lost the first one. Took my weight and blood pressure, and listened to baby on the Doppler. She said all of my blood work looks great, but that they want to continue to monitor my thyroid every 4 weeks to make sure it remains stable.
She let me know that the office is at my beck and call, and if I ever have any problems, issues, concerns, to call day-or-night. It is nice to know I won’t be left in the dark. The only negative about my OB’s practice is that they have 5 or 6 doctors that rotate being on-call; therefore, I have no idea who I will be delivering with. That said I am rotating appointments with all of the OBs as I progress so I can at least have a comfort level with each of them.
My next OB appointment is scheduled for 18 weeks and hopefully it is as quick and easy as this one.
So far, all is well. I continue to pray daily for a safe and healthy baby.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!!! I have kept up with your blog since you were on the Sept '11 board. This news warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete