Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Week

I had a really good week, surprisingly. It was one of those weeks you lose sleep over. There was too much work, travel was long, presentations weren't finished, and expectations were high; all in addition to everything I have going on personally. I was irritable, scatter-brained and stressed beyond belief, but looking back on it now, it was prefect.

I facilitated my first meeting completely on my own. I was trusted to conduct the meeting in my boss's absence, faced my fears and the audience had no idea I was shaking in my heels behind the podium. I kept the audience engaged, kept discussion going and kept everything on schedule. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to go through the stresses that this week caused. It gave me a new perception on what I am doing in life, and what I want for the future.

Also, I received word from the appraiser last week, and our appraisal came in $3,000 less than our contract price. I found out last night that the selling bank is reducing the price AND covering all the required repairs. So our new home will have a brand new HVAC system upstairs, the window and electrical issues will be fixed all while buying the home for substantially less than we wanted to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment