Monday, April 25, 2011

Stuck

Today has been absolutely exhausting.  Last night, I drove the 4.5 hours home from my extended family's home, sent out some last minute work emails (at 10:30), quickly packed and went to bed.

This morning my flight out at 6:30am was cancelled, so I drove to a neighboring airport (1.5 hours away) to catch the 10:20. The 10:20 was delayed until 12. The 12 took off, but then connecting airport's runways were closed due to the storm, so we circled for an additional hour and I missed my connection. The only other flight to my destination leaves at 8pm and I will still have a 3.5 hour flight. If all goes as planned, I won't get in until after 11:30 eastern time and I got up much too early this morning.

I wanted to badly to call AniGirl to meet up while I am stuck here for 5 hours, but the thought of going through security again after this hellacious day just turns my stomach. So instead I sit here, exhausted and sad.

Tomorrow's meeting is going to come much too early and I hope my hour and a half briefing goes well; although I am convinced that things couldn't get too much worse at this point.

Edited to add: NEVER ever say the words "it can't get any worse", because it can and according to Murphy's law, it will. I am now on hour 16 sitting on a plane that isn't moving, waiting for a crew member that isn't coming. This is officially the worst travel day I have ever had. At this rate, we won't get in until after 1:30am east coast time. Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment