Monday, November 21, 2011

Blackout

We got [the majority of] our new appliances delivered this weekend and they are beautiful!! We had a bit of work to do to install everything, but it was completely worth it. The microwave is on back-order, but should be here before my mom comes next weekend.

Mr.A is as handy as they come; he installed the dishwasher without a hiccup. As I attempted to help him move the new range into place, the top moved quickly and my middle finger was sliced quite deep by some metal piece below. Mr.A ran upstairs to get his hand-dandy first aid kit as I stood there letting the blood pool in my hand. Eventually, I moved over the sink so as to not make a mess. I could hear him coming down the stairs and everything went white. I grabbed onto the sink and yelled to him that I thought I was going to pass out and needed to sit down. He came to my side and grabbed me just as I began to go down. Yep. I blacked out. Cold.

As I began to come to, all I could hear is him saying, "Breathe hun, breathe" but it was muffled and sounded very far away. I was a bit frustrated, thinking, "I am breathing".

According to him, I was only out a few seconds, but it felt like much longer. It was embarrassing, honestly. I don't know why I blacked out; I've never been squeamish about blood before and did not lose much at all. Now he jokes that he is afraid to leave me home alone with so many sharp objects and places I can hit my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment