Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nona Lisa

Emotions ran high this weekend. On Friday, Mr.A and I drove the 7 hours to our friends' wedding. Originally, the wedding was to take place in a church with the reception immediately following. The groom called as we were about an hour away to let us know that there had been a major change in plans. The bride's mother was very ill and doing very poorly. They changed the wedding location to the hospital chapel to ensure her mom would be able to be a part of their special day. The wedding was so bittersweet. It was such an incredible gesture for them; they had to cut the list from 200 to 25, but it goes to show how important their families are to them.

After the wedding, we picked up our nephew and drove another 3.5 hours to my mother-in-law's home. We adore our nephew and don't have many chances to see him. He is always such a good kid and is as genuinely excited to see us as we are him.

My MIL recently moved to a farm near her parents. Their barn cat just recently had kittens and all 6 were such sweeties. In addition, her mother does foster care for the local humane societies and had one puppy who's mother died shortly after birth and was being bottle fed, and 12 other puppies younger than 7 weeks.

I fell in love with a 9 month old lab named Nona (they call her Nona Lisa). She and her mother were hit by a car when she was 12weeks old. Sadly her mom died and Nona had to have major surgery to reconstruct her hips. She still limps, but she is a normal puppy. She is so sweet and affectionate. I want so badly for her to find a wonderful home, and that home may just be mine.

We brought her back to my mother-in-law's house just to see how our dog would do with her. Our dog was upset, jealous; furious really, she wouldn't even look at me. Eventually we decided that it probably would be best to leave Nona with her rescuers when we left for home.

Today, I cannot stop thinking about her. She needs a permanent home, and our dog could use a companion. I've just about decided that if I get the non-traveling job, I am going to adopt Nona too.

No comments:

Post a Comment