Friday, February 24, 2012

Answers .... FINALLY!!

We received the results from my insanely expensive (17 vials worth) of blood work I had tested about a month ago. Guess what? They finally found something wrong with me!! Most people would be sad that something is wrong. Not me! I’ve known something was wrong, but no doctor has even been able to determine what. They did a very specific test for Anti-Thyroglobulin Antibody. Normal levels are below .4 and mine were 1.7 (more than 4 times normal). This has been linked very closely with infertility. Women with high levels of anti-thyroglobulin antibody who are trying to become pregnant can miscarry or be infertile. Anti-thyroglobulin antibody can interfere with implantation of the embryo in the uterus.
They are putting me on a medicine called Synthroid immediately at 25mcg. I do not know how long it takes for the medication to take effect to help prevent all of the things my body is apparently doing wrong, but am hoping that this little pill will be the answer to my prayers and fix my broken body!  

2 comments:

  1. I know this sounds bad, but I'm so happy they found something wrong with you! I really hope and pray this is the answer to your problems and that the synthroid is the key that will bring you your takehome baby very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this pill works for you. The relief of finally having an answer is great. Unexplained drove me crazy too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete