Friday, August 10, 2012

Anatomy Scan Update: Baby is a ……

I know this update is more than a week delayed, I am sorry!
Everything went wonderfully at our anatomy scan. We found out that baby is a GIRL and are both so excited. Baby girl is measuring more than a week ahead, though they won’t officially move my due date just yet.
She was moving and dancing around so much during the scan that they couldn’t get all of the detailed measurements of her heart they needed. The MFM wasn’t worried at all, but just for consistency we are going back again this coming Monday for a follow-up scan.  I am excited to be able to see baby again, it is absolutely incredible to watch her grow and change through the weeks.
Her movements and kicks are getting much more frequent and strong as the weeks go by. I’ve actually been able to figure out her approximate sleep cycle, because the movements tend to be consistent around the same times each day.
Her kicks were so frequent and so robust yesterday afternoon that I could actually see the movement.  I feel guilty because yesterday I gave in to the evils of Starbucks Mocha Frappachino. I know that the caffeine in moderation is generally fine, but I would feel better if I could give it up entirely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment