Wednesday, August 22, 2012

23weeks

I am more than halfway there, and that much closer to meeting our baby girl!
Stats from my ultrasound last week: baby is still measuring ahead by around a week, she is a little more than one whole pound in weight, and her approximate is around 11-12 inches in total length, about 7.5 inches from head to rump.  
Yesterday, I had my first OB appointment since 18w and everything went well. I saw a male doctor in the practice this time.  He is one of the most highly rated doctors in our area and I really liked him!
He took a few minutes to review my records and understand exactly where I am at. He seemed genuinely interested in knowing more about me than my chart could tell. He asked about my profession, thoughts and feelings related to pregnancy and birth, and asked about my husband.  Then, I asked questions about my intense swelling I experienced last week, the overall dizzy/nauseous/flushed feeling I’ve had over the last week, my ever intensifying heartburn and other random things. He answered all of my questions and was very personable.
My and BB’s Stats:
Baby’s Heartbeat: 161bpm
BP: 112/79 (highest ever)
Weight Gain: Up 16lbs total
Belly Measurement: 25weeks
I was surprised that my belly was measuring ahead since at my 18w appointment it was measuring 2weeks behind. He said that based on my frame, he thinks my belly will continually measure ahead from here on since it has nowhere to go but straight out.
The last thing I asked about was the hospital’s C-section rate. Personally, I am not sure how I feel about having a C, but know that I will do anything necessary to have a safe delivery and a healthy baby. I figured the question was worth asking, just in case the percentage was extremely high.
He said the rate was around 25% for their practice but that he didn’t foresee an issue with me since I have God given birthing hips. Funny. My mom said the same thing. For what it is worth, I know that I am a little “hippy” and his lighthearted comment was not meant to be offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment