Saturday, September 1, 2012

Six Months

I cannot believe that I've made it this far. I am truly in shock, but so utterly thankful. 24 weeks is sometimes referred to as "Viability Day" or "VDay" for short. This means simply that if God forbid something happen and I go into labor, after 24weeks the baby will have more than a 50% chance of survival. More than its true meaning, my MFM's goal from day one was to get me to and beyond VDay; we've made it.

I know there are so many mothers who haven't made it this far. Some had early losses. Some had to have emergency surgeries to remove the baby they so deeply loved, because that baby had snuggled into one of the mom's fallopian tubes and would kill the mother if left to grow. Some women found out late in their first trimester that their placenta was failing and their baby may not survive. Whereas others have gone into pre-term labor naturally and have lost the one thing they have strived to attain for years, their beloved baby Boy. My heart breaks for each one of them. I've only experienced early losses, and as hard as those have been, I am thankful that I have not had to endure the pain and suffering each one of you are feeling.

I am sending many thoughts and prayers out to all of the women I know who have struggled to attain their dreams. You are all amazingly strong women, and caring mothers. You will survive this, you will triumph over IF and pregnancy/infant loss, and you will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment