Monday, September 24, 2012

Busy, busy, busy!

Life has been a whirlwind these past few weeks. So much is going on and I am having trouble keeping up with everything.
We had a terrible storm in the beginning of August and were fortunate that our home owners insurance covered the damage to our house. After dealing with adjustors, contractors and middlemen for weeks, we finally had a new roof put on this week and it has really given the house a face-lift. We ended up upgrading the shingles to the three dimensional 30 year shingles and went with a charcoal black color. With our black door and shutters, it really looks amazing, see….
Before:

After:


The only downfall to this story is that our deductible is very, VERY high to help keep our premiums low so that part wasn’t fun but is a necessary evil I suppose.
Work is in its busiest season right now. I’ve been working 12+ hour days, weekends, and even while on vacation. I’ve come to realize that the work doesn’t stop and wait for me to return, so I’ve had to make myself available almost always.  With everything else going on, it has been trying but I am confident that if I can make it work now while I have competing priorities and so much else on my mind, I can do anything.
Mr.A and I slipped away for the weekend and went to our place in the Florida Keys. We spent a few days doing absolutely nothing but relaxing in the pool and walking on the beach. It was a much needed retreat from reality and I am feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of our to-do list.


1 comment:

  1. I experienced the same thing due to our house construction last year. Soon, my partner and I realized that stressing out too much on the expenses won’t make it easier for us. We both have jobs and savings, so we don’t need to worry about our income. We actually just finished with the roofing two months ago. We decided to go for a 40-year shingle, quite similar to a 30-year, but has thicker grade and is granulated on both sides. Also, more wind resistant. :)

    Herb Koguchi

    ReplyDelete