Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Nursery is FINISHED!

Today, I am 35 weeks along meaning we only have 35 days to go until our estimated due date.

Thankfully, we've been blessed with the most wonderful family and friends who have been so incredibly generous and we now have everything we could possibly need.

As I posted a while back, I made the crib skirt, covered a small pillow and reupholstered my Grandmother's glider. Mr.A worked very hard painting the nursery (against his will of course!) a couple of months ago. I am so happy he took the time to do it early, since it took a while to get the fumey smell to dissipate.

Though it was slightly boy-ish, we re-used Mr.A's childhood furniture in the nursery. The only minor change I made to his desk and dresser was spray painting the dingy brass handles a deep chocolate brown. We were incredibly thankful that everything is so solid that it could withstand years of abuse and still look perfect.

The only furniture we were left to purchase was the crib and mattress. My mother-in-law surprised us and purchased the crib, mattress and bedding accessories. She came to visit and helped us put everything together as well as putting up the wall decal we ordered to complete our owl theme.
Without further ado, baby girl's nursery:





No comments:

Post a Comment