Wednesday, November 14, 2012

34 week update

I had my 34 week appointment last week. Unfortunately my BP is creeping up and although it isn’t textbook high, it is high for me. Generally I am in the 100/60 range, and am sitting in the 110/80s right now. Again, nothing to be alarmed about, but they do want to make sure it doesn’t go too much higher.
I am officially up 30 pounds which is hard to grasp. The doctors are happy with that since I was small to begin with, but want me to gain no more than a pound a week from here on out. I will admit my sweet tooth has gotten the better of me throughout my entire pregnancy and I really need to watch that in the coming weeks.
My fundal height (aka belly measurement) was measuring at 36-37 weeks last week. Since I have been consistently 2-3 weeks ahead, they want me to come in for a growth u/s this coming Friday. Mr.A was around 6lbs and I was around 7 when we were born, so I am hoping that maybe I just have a lot of fluid in there and my baby girl isn’t going to be a 10+ pounder. That is a little scary to think about.
Otherwise baby is happy and healthy, ninja kicking away. She is still sitting very high up, though I feel as though she has shifted enough to give me a little relief from the pain in my upper abdomen.
Sleep is becoming harder and harder for both me and Mr.A. I apparently snore like a banshee these days and he is too nice to wake me. I am also getting up to use the restroom 3-5 times per night and always have a difficult time falling back asleep. I am considering banishing myself to the guest room in the coming weeks so that at least one of us is getting a full night’s sleep, but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment