Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home News...

I have been desperately trying to add curb appeal to my house as well as cleaning up, packing clutter and steam cleaning the carpets. With my insane travel schedule, I was given only two weekends (read: 4 DAYS) to complete all of the outside work plus all of the nitty-gritty inside work.  I am so proud that I was able to do all of the outside work without any help. I nearly had too much pride to ask for help with the inside work, but I sucked it up and asked. My brother came by with his roommate to move some of the heavy things into the garage while I was out of town. My in-laws let me borrow their carpet cleaner and my mother-in-law came by all of Saturday to help scrub the bathrooms, clean the windows, wipe the baseboards, cabinets, appliances, dust, mop and zillions of other things.
I am so proud of how the house looks and I am determined to keep it perfectly clean (nearly sterile) while it is on the market. Photos for your enjoyment.










In addition to getting out home ready for sale, I may or may not have jumped quite a bit ahead and put an offer on a house in the new city. Crazy? Yes. But, it is a beautiful home, in the location we want, in a quiet, secluded neighborhood but close to everything we need (like for me, the airport). I am already so attached and planning what colors I am going to paint the different rooms and how I am going to re-do the shower tiles. We have been offering/counter -offering with the bank for a week now, I am hopeful that we have finally reached the point of agreement. The best part you ask, (other than it being a beautiful home with room to grow, making me want to fill it with children) is that the bank wants to push closing off until the middle of May, giving us a little more time to try to sell our home.
The bad news in my life, since there is always some…I found out my BIL’s wife is pregnant again. Now, don’t get me wrong. I am not a bitter infertile wishing infertility on the world. I thank God for babies; knowing each and every child is a blessing. That being said, this is his 4th oops child, the third with this wife, ANNDDD it is after he supposedly had a vasectomy.  It was news that brought me to my knees sobbing and cursing God for blessing them with a child they don’t want and cannot afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment