Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yet another failed cycle....

Yesterday, I cried at Starbucks. Twice. My flight here got in extremely early, so I went to Starbucks to get on my work email for 4 hours before my meeting. Apparently stay-at-home-moms with perfectly mannered kids congregate there. Crying might have been a bit of an over reaction, I just get so down on myself. As my due date approaches, seeing pregnant women, babies and young children gets harder and harder.


However, I am not taking a backseat to infertility any longer. Next Friday, I have my first appointment with my new OB/GYN to discuss IF, MTHFR, schedule testing, and move forward. Mr.A is convinced that since we were able to get pregnant once, we will be able to again, unassisted. Although that might be true, it has taken us two years and suffering one loss to get where we are now; no where. I am not waiting any longer. Pending how our testing comes out, I am hoping we can move forward with IUI #1 with a local RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) in early October. Our crazy work and travel schedules will make my monitoring and the actual IUI very difficult to pull off, and with the estimated out of pocket cost around $1000 after monitoring, medication and trigger I pray that it works out.

1 comment:

  1. I mostly lurk on the nest lately, but want you to know I think of you often. Hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete