Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Pits

Traveling home from the beautiful beaches of the gulf coast is the pits. We (along with every other state in the east) had a big Christmas snow storm back home and now I get to return to the wet, sloppy, icy, snowy, COLD weather of home sweet home.


A close friend of mine has been TTC for longer than Mr.A and I. She and her husband just completed their first round of clomid and IUIs right before Christmas, so I knew that a pregnancy announcement was not only in order, but well deserved. I texted her today, just to check on her when she dropped the bomb. No, she has not yet tested, but other, former friends of ours who married over the summer announced their pregnancy.


I guess it was best for her to relay the news so me. After all, she felt the ute punch as hard as I had. I sat there motionless, emotionless as Mr.A and I sat waiting for our plane. He knows, and hates, how much it gets to me; but what can he or I do?


It's only fair that the couple who never had any intention of marrying, who lead a sexually promiscuous life, drink and smoke to be blessed with a child. Really, I wish them well; I am just bitter and feel broken.


Is hard not to let it get to me, but until Mr.A really put it into perspective, I didn't realize how much I let it get me down. We have so much to be thankful for in life, but this one thing trends to outweigh all the positives at least once every month. Usually I am down in the dumps leading up to and including CD1, but this month it started early. So I decided to list all the positives in my life:


My job, it pays well and I love what I do; my loving husband, we have our quirks but we love each other through and though; my dog, she has been our fur-child helping us to better understand the responsibility of having children and always can bring a smile to my face; our savings and ability to save, we have managed to save a years salary plus our designated baby fund before getting pregnant; our house, its close to perfect and almost big enough to be our forever house; my loving family and in-laws, they would all be there for us no matter what; our health, short if TTTC we are both healthy and reasonably fit/active.


I am sure I am missing some but I really needed to make a list for reference when I am feeling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment