Thursday, December 30, 2010

In due time...right?

Today, I got the text message I was hoping for and half expecting. My friend (who has been trying for 2+ years) is finally pregnant! Her first IUI was successful. I am thrilled for her and her husband, but have found myself really throwing myself a pity party. Now, my only IRL friend who understood and struggled alongside me, is moving on to another chapter; without me.


Mr.A and I moved to our current city about 18 months ago. We have an hour's commute, and work 10 hour days, but are off Friday-Sunday together. It makes for a long day, leaving no time for anything outside of work during the week. We don't go to church, don't belong to a gym, and honestly have no friends aside from our neighbors. Our neighbors are both 35 and have two wonderful kids that let our dog out every day when they get home from school.


Since I don't have many people I can talk to, I have confided in my neighbor about our TTC troubles. Her two sisters who both had endo and PCOS both were trying for more than a year before they were finally able to conceive. Currently, sister #1 is 25 weeks, sister #2 is 18 weeks. Today, I saw her for the first time in while; come to find out she has been avoiding me. My neighbors found out that they are pregnant again and she just hasn't had the heart to tell me. So, although I have been blocking all pregnant friends on FB and mostly avoiding it to keep from getting down on myself, these announcements just keep finding their way in.


Again, I am thrilled and happy for everyone else who is blessed with a child, I just want my turn....

No comments:

Post a Comment