Friday, June 10, 2011

Bargain Shopping Trip

(I already posted this on thenest, but I am so excited that I am posting it again in my blog; sorry for the redundancy). I am not very good at getting the grocery store bargains like Extreme Couponers, but I am able to get killer deals on clothes/housewares.

A couple of weeks ago I found these beautiful sage damask 95" panel curtains at Lowes that work perfectly in the new house for $6.99 each (orginally $27 each); after my 20% off coupon and 10% military discount they ended up at $5.02 each; I bought 6 sage and 2 wine colored.
Total: $42.67 for $228.96 worth of curtains. 

Pictured below:


Today I went to Lowes again and found some beautiful 95" deep brown silk/satin curtains with sinched/gathered designs throughout for $6.99 each (orginal $27) and matching pillows for $3.37 each (original $14); I bought two curtains and two pillows. I also bought the matching valance for my sage curtains which I plan to use on the window above the kitchen sink for $3.14 (original $19).
Total was: $22.76 for $107.06 worth of curtains.

I went to Old Navy since I had bought the $10 for $20 Groupon. I found the cutest one piece swim suit (no online pic, but I do have one of me in the dressing room that is not safe to post). The suit is a one piece with white and gray stripes, $10 (originally $29.50). I also bought a navy tee with a red/white/blue eagle on it, $8 (originally $14.94) and gray metallic flip flops $3 (originally $5).
After groupon; total was $1.06 + cost of groupon $10 = $11.06 for $49.44 worth of mechandise.

Mr. A loves the Grapefruit soap at Bath and Body Works and they discontinued it so I bought 4 at $1.25 each today so, $5 when I think they are normally $3.50 or so each.

Finally, I had a $10 off $25 and a $10 off $10 coupon for JCPenney. After coupons/discounts, I purchased a satin/lace chemise for $3.82 (originally $30), a lace bra for $10.87 (original $34) and a matching pair of panties for $3.07 (original $12) and a pair of sunglasses for $2 (original $24).
Total was: $20.94 for $106 worth of merchandise.

I am pretty proud of myself. I have some nice new things, have all of the curtains for the downstairs of the new house and didn't spend and arm and a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment