Saturday, May 14, 2011

#18

After a few months off, it is officially the begining of a new cycle - #18 - with a dash of hope and a little science. I went to Dr.K's on Friday to get my baseline bloodwork drawn. The phlebotoist always does a great job and was able to draw blood into 11 vials without even as much as a wince out of me. They are testing my hormone levels, testing for various conditions that can cause IF, and taking platelet counts.

I will be starting 50mg of Clomid this cycle with monitoring to see how my body responds. I will then have additional blood drawn at 7DPO to check my hormone levels at that point. I am praying that if nothing else comes if this cycle that Dr.K will figure out what is wrong with my body so I can have a chance of getting pregnant even when I move.

The staff at Dr.K's.office are like a family to me. I really hate to leave here and have to start over. It is actually kind of sad to think that the two receptionists know my voice when I call and usually have answers to my questions before I ask. I have been in that office 10+ times in the last 5 months; going from elated, to hopeful, to heartbroken, to optimistic, to sad. Sad now mostly because I know I won't find a new doctor that cares about her patients as much as Dr.K, and a staff that always knows the right thing to say. I truly believe that Dr.K will do everything in her power to get me (and keep me) pregnant, but I doubt I will be around here long enough to find out.

Here's to my favorite number and the hope that the future has wonderful things just waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment