Monday, May 30, 2011

A successful Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend is over, and the work week begins in less than 12 hours. In an attempt to save money, I flew about 2.5 hours from my home, to my parents' city and am riding back home with my brother now. I saved around $200 on the flight, but I won't be home until around 11 tonight; tradeoffs I guess.

The weekend was very nice, albeit busy. We went to a baseball game, but only stayed around 4 or 5 innings. Went to Ikea to look at some practical and functional things as well as pretty things. I even managed to cook a nice meal with my limited supplies; salmon, asparagus and rice on Sunday night.

Mr.A loved the house, loved the location, and loved the proximity to, well pretty much everything. The house had been vacant for months, so of course there were little things here and there that needed fixed. The leaky toilets and bath tub faucet were no match for him (with a phone consult from my dad), and were cheap fixes that our general contractor wanted $$$$ for. In addition he changed the locks, fixed the broken screen door, dewinterized the plumbing, lit the pilot light on the water heater, fixed the garage door, fixed the part on his truck that I broke (oops), as well as hanging several curtain rods in the house for me.

I bought some beautiful curtains for the family room's wall of windows, and the dining room. The windows are all HUGE, so I had to buy 95" curtains to nearly touch the floor. I got a killer deal on 95" damask eco-conscious blackout curtains in sage green and a burgundy red at Lowes for $6.99 per panel. That is a STEAL! Also, I love the colors and pattern so much so, that I bought an extra panel to make throw pillows out of.

Overall, the weekend was a nice getaway, where we were able to accomplish a lot with the house in a limited amount of time. I am excited to finish up in our current home (and drop the price so we can get it sold) and move on to bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment