Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IF Update

Lucky cycle # 18 is a bust. I took the 50mg of Clomid with minimal side effects in the evenings of CD 4-8. I went in Monday (CD11) for my follicular scan and to get my blood work results. To show my commitment (read: workaholism) to my job, as I waited on the exam table for Dr.K, I took a 30 minute teleconference from my cell phone. Lucky for me, she had an emergency C-section so was running a little behind.
Dr.K comes in, sees the –OPK and begins the ultrasound. My right ovary had the largest follicle at a 26mm on CD11 with a low LH level indicating that I would not be O’ing in the next 48 hours. Normally, she would have given me a trigger shot to force ovulation, but since there is no chance of getting pregnant this cycle (read: no husband), I decided against it and the $$ bill that would  come with it.
My blood work came back from May 13th. Thankfully my hormone levels did not reflect PCOS and I was negative for HIV and Lupus. However, I did test positive for the C677T heterozygous mutation; Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR). Yes, I realize that it is a horrible acronym and looks very similar to Mother F*er.
On Monday after asking Dr. Google about MTHFR, I was so down and depressed. The mutation has been linked to recurrent miscarriages, late term losses, neural and tubal defects and Down’s syndrome. However, after researching further I have found that the heterozygous mutation is the most common, and least dangerous to the mother and baby. My best course of action at this point is to take around 1000% of the recommended daily dosage of Folic Acid, and a baby aspirin everyday.
Lastly, Dr.K wants to go ahead with the laparoscopy to diagnose Endometriosis. Right now, I am scheduled for June 3rd.
After leaving the appointment, I realized how much I hate that Mr.A is gone right now. The last few months have been difficult, but the roller coaster of TTC has been flat and uneventful. Now that I was given a glimmer of hope I can feel the descent downward as everything falls apart. I am scheduled for this surgery with no one around to take me or be with me, I am trying desperately to get everything together for the impending move, keeping the house together, preparing to close on the new house tomorrow; it is a lot for one person. Thankfully, Eve has offered to take me to the hospital, stay with me and bring me home afterwards. With everything that she has going on in her life, she always makes time for others.
Mr.A always tells me how proud he is of how well I have handled everything in his absence; a weaker person would have surly crumbled. I am not convinced that I am strong, but pray that this weight will soon be lifted, I can’t hold this all on my shoulders much longer….

No comments:

Post a Comment