Thursday, May 5, 2011

Busy, but good.

I’ve really been looking forward to getting home the last few weeks. Yesterday was filled with several bouts of good news, but the house is a disaster and until I have more than a couple of hours to motivate me, it is going to stay that way.
Yesterday our closing date was extended. Originally we were set to close on the new house tomorrow, which would be about 45 days since I put in the original offer. There have been a few minor snags throughout the process including necessary repairs, a lot of back and forth paperwork, more negotiations, and just the mortgage application process in general. The selling bank is now allowing closing to occur on or before May 19th without penalty which is phenomenal. That means that we will have approximately 2 more weeks before incurring the costs with yet another house and 2 more weeks to try to sell the other places.
This weekend is going to be such a good time. My mother, aunt, cousin and cousin’s two little girls (ages 4 and 9) are all coming down for a girl’s weekend. I have been able to get a ton of boxes over the last month so we will enjoy wine and each other’s company while packing up. I am excited to spend time with everyone before I leave and am so thankful that they are willing to help me at the house.
I set up an open house for our current home since we have only had two showings over the last month. I understand that the market is slow and saturated, but being that I am buying yet another house, we really need some foot traffic. I am asking the realtors to create flyers that buyers could take with them as well as offering some type of incentive. I was thinking about maybe offering $500 or $1,000 towards closing costs, but am not sure.
Lastly, a friend of Mr.A’s has decided to rent our condo for the time being. This is so beneficial to both of us because we will be able keep it on the market while he is living there and charge him significantly less than past tenants. This way, we will have some of the costs covered but can continue to try to sell it and he will have a place to live that is nice, close to his work and is considerably cheaper than any other apartments around. It is a win win.
Well that is most of what I have going on currently. I hope all is well in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment