Monday, January 31, 2011

Imagine…

Imagine getting the two things you have prayed for nightly for what seems like an eternity. Wouldn’t that be the most amazing feeling? Now imagine that the two things you have wanted most from life could possibly interfere with one another.  Does it make one or the other any less appealing?
They say, be careful what you wish for. Even if I had anticipated this, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I just know that the next year isn’t going to be a walk in the park.
First, as you know my due date is two days after my brother’s wedding. This is already causing tension because I know that physically I cannot be in the wedding. It will be difficult for me to even attend the wedding, but buying the teacup bridesmaid dress that will somehow fit at 40 weeks pregnant (or post partum) and be at least somewhat flattering; no way. My brother and my mom want me to “just wait and see”.  I know even if I have to make the decision the day before the wedding, I am not going to be in the wedding.
Secondly, Mr.A was offered his DREAM job. This was always in my prayers along with getting pregnant. The downside(s) to this is that we have to move (for the 4th time in 3 years), sell our two properties, buy or rent in the new location 8 hours further away from our families, and I won’t be able to keep my stellar job. All of which will happen right at my due date.
It seems like a lot, and it is; but I know that it will be worth it. Every move we have made has been difficult, but it has allowed us to grow as individuals, within our careers and together.  I am so proud of Mr.A for finally achieving his dream and will not allow his dreams to be dashed for a feeling of comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment