Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow Day?

Over the weekend, we probably had an entire accumulation of about 3 inches of snow. The roads have been cleared, and are normal, albeit, wet. This morning, I woke up to a 1/2 inch dusting of snow. Being that my commute is about an hour; the snow accumulation is often worse where I live, than where I work. This morning was no different. While I traveled on the highway, the roads went from a little snowy and wet, to just wet. When I arrived at work, I spoke with a particularly irksome co-worker who told me that the schools local to my work area were closed as were the schools where I live. Then he  proceeded to say, "I don't know why we weren't closed, the roads are pretty bad." I simply said, "You're a pansy" and walked away.


Seriously! The place I work at has been closed twice in the last three years. Once for a particularly crippling ice-storm that knocked out power for nearly a week and the second for a snowy/icy mixture where we had about an inch of pure ice covered with a couple of inches of snow. The second event; I didn't get the memo that we were even closed. I called before beginning my (2 hour with the conditions) commute and was told we were on a two hour delay. Why would I call again during my 2 hour commute?! Well, next time I will.


I guess that thing that bothers me the most, is this co-irker is always looking for a free ride. In the year an a half I have worked with him, I have had to put in more time (and I am salaried; so no OT) and effort into cleaning up his messes, and catching up where he has faltered. So yes, he is a pansy; I won't take it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment